Determining Your Need for NJ Hospice Care
When is VNA hospice care right for you?
Choosing hospice care is a difficult and sensitive decision. VNA New Jersey hospice care can be a rewarding, peaceful transitional journey to life's end. Please review our VNA hospice FAQs for more information. Below are a few guidelines to help you determine if hospice is the right choice for you or your loved one with our home health aides.
- You choose to have comfort care rather than curative treatment
- You want to stay home (or your current place of residence, i.e., nursing home, assisted living) rather than return to the hospital
- Your medical prognosis is six months or less if the disease follows its natural course
- You choose pain management to maximize quality of life
- You would like a physical, emotional, spiritual care approach for you and your family
Other things to think about when considering hospice care in NJ
- Your Doctor— Talk to your doctor. Speak openly about your feelings and develop a good understanding of your doctor's philosophy about end-of-life hospice care in New Jersey.
- Your Family— Share your feelings with family members. Their support will be critical. Are they willing to assist you in this decision; are they capable of doing so?
- Insurance— Most hospice services (such as our NJ home health aides) are covered under Medicare, but Medicaid and private insurance may be available to you as well. The VNA hospice team will be happy to review your coverage and explain your benefits.
To speak with one of our VNA New Jersey hospice healthcare professionals and home health aides about hospice care in NJ, please click here or call us at 800-400-0981 for more information.