What Can You Expect From Our Palliative Care Program?
The VNA Health Group Palliative Care Program can be provided wherever the patient resides— in the home, place of residence or hospital— or as continuous care. All services are always centered on the wishes of the patient and family. The palliative care program is a collaborative program in which the palliative care team works together with the patient, family, attending physician, and frontline clinicians for the comfort of the patient.
How we build a pain management program in NJ:
- Perform a comprehensive assessment to understand the symptoms and their severity
- Determine what is most important to the patient
- Include the family and physician as an integral part of the plan
- Develop a multidisciplinary approach to meet the patient goals
The palliative care team includes:
- Patient's Personal Physician
- Social Worker
- Spiritual Care Counselor
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
Complementary therapies, including music, pet, massage, and Reiki are also available.
To learn more about how our palliative care program can help you and your loved ones click here, or call us at 800-400-0981 for more information and read our FAQs about palliative care.