New Jersey Hospice Services from VNA Health Group
VNA hospice services can be provided in the patient's home or place of residence. These services include:
- Patient and Family Centered Care— Care is directed by the patient and family through a holistic, compassionate approach.
- Physician Coordination— A VNA hospice medical director or physician acts as a consultant and resource, working closely with the patient's attending physician.
- Nursing Care— A registered nurse is on hand to provide nursing care, order medical equipment, monitor symptoms, medication, and physical changes, as well as family support.
- Social Services— A licensed social worker works with the family and patient to provide emotional support, advocacy and access to community resources at this critical time.
- Home Health Aides— An integral part of the VNA hospice team, certified home health aides in NJ provide personal care such as bathing, grooming and companionship.
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapists— Experienced hospice therapists work with the patient to maximize comfort.
- Spiritual Support and Counseling— A member of the pastoral care team is available to patient and family.
- Complementary Therapies— Additional comfort and support is provided by complementary therapies including music, massage, pet and Reiki.
- VNA Hospice Volunteers— A specially trained group of volunteers lend their compassionate support and time to listen, read, or assist the patients and hospice staff.
- Bereavement Support— Our VNA hospice staff continues to support family members of all ages after the loss of their loved one. This free support may include family or individual counseling or group grief and bereavement assistance.
To learn more about VNA hospice care in NJ and how we can assist with the needs of you and your loved ones, click here or call us at 800-400-0981 for more information or click here to find a VNA Health Group location near you.
If you are interested in becoming a hospice volunteer, please click here or call us at 800-400-0981 for more information.