Heart Health Tips
Help prevent heart disease with these tips for a healthy heart
Heart Disease is the number one killer of women and is more deadly than all forms of cancer combined. Learn what you can to to help prevent heart disease with these tips for a healthy heart from VNA Health Group.
Read these tips to find out how to keep your heart healthy!
- Lower your blood pressure by regular exercise, diet, and not smoking.
- Reduce your cholesterol! Eat foods low in saturated fat and high in fiber.
- Eating fruits and vegetables will help control weight and blood pressure.
- Smoking is a BIG risk factor - it's never too late to quit!
- Get 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity a day.
- If you have diabetes, have your glucose level checked often.
- Choose skim or 1% fat milk and nonfat or lowfat yogurt and cheeses.
- Sodium intake should be no more than 3,000 milligrams per day.
- Get regular blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes health screenings.
- Select whole grains, good sources of fiber, like brown rice and oats.
- Monitor your alcohol! Too much alcohol can damage the heart muscle and increase blood pressure.
- Learn to manage your stress levels. Relax!
- Check your family history for heart health issues.
- Recognize the early signs of cornorary heart disease such as chest pain and shortness of breath.
- Eating fish high in omega-3 fats may reduce your risk of heart disease by 30%!
- Get happy! Negative emotions can raise blood pressure.
- Strengthen your heart with weight training.
- Get eight hours of sleep!
Support the fight against heart disease and keep your heart healthy. For more information visit American Heart Association.
Need more information on preventing heart disease? Contact VNA Health Group at 800-400-0981.