Control your eating habbits by creating a healthy plate
A healthy diet is important for preventing diabetes. If you are already diagnosed, it is even more important to choose what, how much and when you eat.
Try this - using your dinner plate put a line down the middle of the plate
1. On one side – cut it again so you will have 3 sections on your plate
2. Fill the largest section with non-starchy vegetables such as: Spinach, carrots, lettuce, green beans, broccoli
3. In one of the small sections put starchy foods such as: Whole grain breads, rice, cooked beans and peas, potatoes
4. On the other small section put your meat or protein rich foods such as: Chicken or turkey without the skin, fish, eggs, low-fat cheese
5. Add an 8-oz glass of non-fat milk or a 6-oz container of light yogurt
6. Include a piece of fruit or ½ cup of fruit salad as an addition to your perfect meal
Always consult with your healthcare provider to determine the best diet for you.
For information about VNA Health Group services and programs, please click here or call